Saturday, June 23, 2007

Task 1: DAVID CRYSTAL

Assalamualaikum...

Hello my beloved madam and all my friends!!! Today I listened about another topic from David Crystal....
Firstime, I listened the topic, I think he speaks so fast and I can't understand his. After that I tried to listened again and tried to understand what topic topic he talking...Next, I choose the topic about the new word...It about wicked.
From this topic, it was part of trend which decades to use bad words to mean good concept. Such as when we saying 'that great' meaning 'it isn't great or another word such as 'naughty to mean 'nice'..Although, so with wicked, tone of voice is the only way to make the distinction between the old meaning and the new meaning. We have to careful and pay very careful attention to the context when somebody saying about bad word because it meaning good word. We have to known that is trend expecially from the youngsters.
Besides, from this topic, I've learn about many new words such as splendid, wicked, sort, squeezed, merry, cheerful, distinction, ambigious. I can get a lot of advantage from Proffesor David Crystal, he is very intelligent man and have many knowledge about English, besides, from this topic, it can improve my english language.

No comments: